TAX AUDIT DEFENSE
By Your Side the Entire Way.
It is common for clients to contract with CPRS after receiving tax schedules from state sales and use tax auditors. The goal of an audit defense engagement is to ensure the audit assessment is not overstated.
The CPRS tax team has been successful in leveraging its experience as former state sales/use tax auditors to reduce audit assessments with strategies that are effective and defensible. This includes:
- Reviewing audit schedules to:
- Identify the material drivers for the audit assessment.
- Validate auditor calculations and projections.
- Utilizing web research and working with client employees and vendors, if needed, to gather missing documentation.
- Working with state auditors to substantiate nontaxable transactions by:
- Hunting down the requested information.
- Identifying and providing alternative support.
- Performing additional source document (e.g. contracts) review.
- Presenting tax theory arguments that utilize published and unpublished state-issued guidance.
- Providing client staff with tax saving strategies and time-saving tools to utilize in future audits.
REST ASSURED YOU WILL HAVE A STRONG DEFENSE WITH CPRS BY YOUR SIDE
Our CPRS team is ready to roll up our sleeves and work with your team to find answers on your next project.